A combination of sweet and acidic toppings on a flavorful bed of light and flaky catfish.
- 2 lb fresh skinned catfish filets
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 watermelon radish
- 1/2 C rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/4 C water
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 8 corn tortilla shells
- 1/2 C mayo
- 1/4 C chili sauce
- 2 lemons
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- In a medium bowl, combine the rice vinegar and sugar along with water. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Add carrots and allow to set for an hour (or up to 2 days).
- To prepare fish: heat a large skillet over medium high heat and mix the onion powder, garlic powder and chipotle powder and sprinkle over both sides of catfish.
- Place fish in skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes. Then turn and cook for another 3-4 minutes until done.
- Place corn tortillas over medium high burner for 30 seconds to warm one at a time. being careful not to burn.
- Slice radishes thinly, then julienne and add to carrot mixture for 5 minutes.
- To make sauce: combine the chili sauce, the mayo and juice of 1 lime.
- To assemble taco: slice catfish into 1/2 inch slices and add to bottom of taco shell. Drain the carrot and radish mixture and top catfish along with a few pieces of cilantro. Drizzle sauce over top and serve with a lime wedge for squeezing right before eating.
- Serve with your favorite chips and salsa
- We also like black beans on re-fried beans as well… add at your discretion.