Light, flaky & delicious, this lightly Beer Battered Fish Sandwich brings the delicious flavors of Lenten fish frys to your family dinner table.
- 2 semi-hard rolls
- 8 oz fresh dover sole
- 1 C flour
- 12 oz light beer
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons black fish seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 lb red cabbage
- Oil for frying
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- Green onion, julienned
- Chili sauce
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter and sauté shredded cabbage until tender and browned (about 15 minutes). Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg and add black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder. Add flour and mix. Whisk in beer until mixture resembles pancake batter.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 375°
- Pat dry fish filets, dip in batter, and drop in hot oil until batter is browned, about 4 minutes (turning over half way through cooking).
- Transfer to plate lined with paper towel.
- To assemble sandwich place cabbage on bun and top with fish, garnish with green onions and serve with chili sauce.
Keywords: fish, fried fish, sandwich, beer, beer batter, fish fry, lent, Friday