A sweet pepper full of flavor that is simple, savory, and completely addicting.
- 1 quart fresh Shishito Peppers
- 1 orange
- 1/4 C red pepper thinly julienned
- 1 Tbsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- coarse salt to taste
- Zest one orange and set aside
- Juice remaining orange (to equal 1/4 C) and place in medium mixing bowl. Add crushed red pepper and shishito peppers. Toss to coat
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Remove peppers from orange juice, place on baking sheet and sprinkle red peppers on top and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until peppers are blistered.
- Remove from oven and place in serving bowl. Salt and toss with orange zest.
- Serve warm.