An all-natural bloody mary made with Powell & Mahoney mixer and accented with delicious Korean-inspired bacon.
- 6 ounces Powell & Mahoney Classic Bloody Mary Mix
- 2 ounces vodka
- Celery stalk (for garnish)
- FOR BACON:
- 8–10 slices (we use a thick sliced bacon for this)
- 2 ounces Korean Gochujang sauce
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- wooden skewers
- 2 tbsp Cajun Spice
- TO PREPARE BACON:
- If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for 20 minutes, then skewer bacon. Lay them on a wire grate or cookie cooling rack.
- Using a pastry brush, brush both sides of bacon with Gochujang sauce.
- Take brown sugar and cajun spice and mix together in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the mixture on both sides of bacon slices and press as best as you can.
- Place rack of bacon over a sheet pan and bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes (or until bacon is crisp).
- Remove and allow to cool.
- TO ASSEMBLE DRINK:
- Wet the rim of the glass and dip into a small plate covered with cajun spice to allow spice to stick to glass.
- Fill glass with ice. Add 2 ounces vodka and top off with bloody mary mix.
- Garnish with a skewer of your favorite additions such as cocktail onions, olives, cornichons, peppers, etc,
- Place skewered bacon in glass and serve.