There are a lot of great Bloody Mary Mixes out there and we love many of them. However, there are times when the Bloody Mary craving comes on strong and you don't have a pre-made mix in the pantry. If you're like us and are NEVER out of canned tomato sauce, you are in luck. This Easy DIY Bloody Mary Mix can be ready in minutes.
It was a Sunday morning and the sun was shining. There was a chill in the air and the kids were home. Jackie thought about preparing a beautiful Sunday brunch, and while perusing the pantry we came across a prepared bottle of Bloody Mary Mix, but it was down to the last few drops. That was enough to get our cravings going for a Bloody Mary.
Not wanting to run to the market, we found a can of tomato sauce and started the journey to one of the best mixes we’ve ever had. It combines a fresh tomato flavor with a beautiful marriage of spices, ending in a touch of sweet heat. You can add a bit of water to thin the mix down to your preferred consistency, but we like to let the vodka and ice do the trick. Be careful not to make too much or brunch may never get served!Print
Craving a classic Bloody Mary cocktail and run out of mix? We've got you covered! This Easy DIY Bloody Mary Mix is ready 15 minutes. Cheers!
24 oz tomato sauce
½ C diced celery
½ C diced carrot
2 green onion
½ jalapeño pepper
¼ C green olive juice
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves
dash cayenne pepper
1. In a medium sauce pan add vegetables and tomato sauce and cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
2. Add seasonings and cook an additional 5 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and place in blender or use a stick blender to purée vegetables.
4. Pour through a fine mesh strainer and add olive juice.
5. Transfer to air tight container and refrigerate until cool.
6. Combine 4 oz mix with 2 oz vodka and pour over ice.
7. Serve with garnish of olives and green onion.
Keywords: bloody mary, mix, easy, spicy, best, tomato, sauce, vegetarian, cocktail