- 1 C fresh blueberries
- 1/4 C fresh lime juice
- 1/4 C simple syrup
- 1/4 C fresh tangerine juice
- 4 oz Tequila (we used Patron Silver)
- 2 oz Grand Marnier Liquor
- 4 oz sparkling soda
- 8 basil leaves
- Using a mortar and pestle, muddle the blueberries and basil leaves until a fine consistency.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve if desired (we left ours as is)
- Put mixture into a small pitcher and add lime juice, tangerine juice and simple syrup (see recipe in notes) along with tequila and Grand Mariner and mix.
- Prepare 4 glasses with a salted rim by rimming the edge of the glass with a lime wedge and dip rim in kosher salt (optional).
- Fill glasses with ice and pour cocktail to 1/2" from top. Top off with sparkling soda.
- to make simple syrup: combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir. Allow to cool before mixing into cocktail.
- we prefer this cocktail with the muddled berries and fruit pulp. If you like a "pulp free" drink, remember to pour it through a sieve before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: cocktails
- Serving Size: 6 oz
- Calories: 103
- Sugar: 6.4 g
- Sodium: 22.7 mg
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Protein: 0.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: blueberry, cocktail, basil, tangerine, summer, margarita, Patron Silver, Gran Mariner,