Light, crisp and perfectly sweet, a Blueberry Margarita is paradise in a glass. This tequila cocktail is made for summer entertaining.
- Using a mortar and pestle, muddle the blueberries and basil leaves until a fine consistency.
- Strain mixture through a fine sieve if desired (we left ours as is)
- Put mixture into a small pitcher and add lime juice, tangerine juice and simple syrup (see recipe in notes) along with tequila and Grand Mariner and mix.
- Prepare 4 glasses with a salted rim by rimming the edge of the glass with a lime wedge and dip rim in kosher salt (optional).
- Fill glasses with ice and pour cocktail to 1/2" from top. Top off with sparkling soda.
- to make simple syrup: combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup boiling water. Stir. Allow to cool before mixing into cocktail.
- we prefer this cocktail with the muddled berries and fruit pulp. If you like a "pulp free" drink, remember to pour it through a sieve before serving.
Keywords: blueberry, cocktail, basil, tangerine, summer, margarita, Patron Silver, Gran Mariner,