Rich and creamy Broccoli Cheddar Mashed Potato Soup is a hearty meal in a bowl that will warm your soul. It's hearty, cheesy and satisfying on a cold day.
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 C flour
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound broccoli florets, chopped
- 2 cups white potatoes, diced
- 2 Tbsp chicken base
- 1 Cup shredded carrots
- 2 Cups Milk
- 4 Cups water
- 8 ounces Cream cheese
- 2 C shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 Cups Amazing Mashed Potatoes
- In a sauté pan, melt butter then add onions and sauté until translucent.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- In a large stock pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Add chicken base, broccoli and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Reduce heat to low and add carrots.
- Cook for 5 minutes and using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- Add milk and heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine the onions mixed with flour and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Add cream and cheddar cheese and stir until cheeses are melted.
- Add paprika and nutmeg and stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, place 1/2 Cup mashed potatoes in bowl and top with 1 Cup soup.
- Garnish with cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: potato, soup, cheddar, potato, creamy, rich, hearty, meal, easy