The ultimate comfort meal in one pan, Broiled Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Sprouts are a great holiday side... or a vegetarian meal for two!
- 3 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 stick butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 C milk
- 1/4 C truffle oil
- 8 oz Brussels sprouts
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
- Cut potatoes into 2" pieces and place in stock pot covered with cold water. Boil until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, julienne the brussel sprouts and place in sauté pan with olive oil. Cook over medium high heat for 5-7 minutes until browned. Remove from heat.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain and transfer to large mixing bowl. Add cream cheese, butter, garlic powder and truffle oil. Mix with hand mixer, adding milk a little at a time, until smooth and creamy.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer into an oven safe skillet (we used a cast iron skillet).
- Place potatoes under broiler until potatoes are browned. Remove from oven and top with Brussels sprouts and blue cheese and serve.
Keywords: potato, truffle, brussel sprout, entree, vegetarian, side dish, blue cheese