- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts (fresh)
- 1 C Gruyère cheese, grated
- 1/2 Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 C panko bread crumbs
- 8 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flake
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/4 C flour
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- Slice Brussels Spouts into 1/4" slices
- In a large sauté pan add the olive oil and 1 clove of garlic left whole.
- Sauté for 10 minutes over medium-high heat until sprouts are browned and slightly tender.
- Add 4 tbsp butter and allow butter to melt.
- Add flour and mix until all dissolved
- Add heavy cream and mix
- Add Gruyère cheese and stir until cheese melts and cream thickens, about 5-7 minutes over medium heat. Then toss in red pepper flakes
- Transfer to oven safe baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl microwave remaining butter until melted.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix in melted butter and stir till all coated.
- Sprinkle this mixture over sprouts.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until bread crumb topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: side dishes
Keywords: brussels sprouts, vegetable, gratin, cheese, au gratin