A blend of cheeseEasy Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese is a family favorite that is simple to make. Warning: it's highly addicting, for kids and adults.
- 12 ounces Ditali pasta, uncooked
- 8 ounces chicken, cooked and shredded
- 6 ounces low-fat cream cheese
- 6 ounces cheddar/ jack cheese shredded
- 6 ounces hot sauce (this can be varied to taste)
- 8 tbsp. butter (split)
- 4 tbsp. flour
- 1 C whole milk
- 1/2 C ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp. celery seed
- 1 C Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a large stock pot, boil water and cook pasta until al dente
- Drain pasta, reserving 2 C of the water.
- In the same sauce pan, add 4 tbsp butter and melt over medium heat. Add flour and combine.
- Add reserved pasta water and milk and cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add cheeses, ranch dressing and celery seed.
- Add cooked pasta and stir until combined.
- Add shredded chicken and hot sauce and continue to cook over low heat until desired thickness (If consistency is too thick add a little more milk).
- Transfer to oven-safe dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs with melted 4 tbsp. butter.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture over mac and cheese and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy
Keywords: buffalo, buffalo chicken, mac and cheese, mac & cheese, macaroni, pasta, cheese, easy, simple, cheesy, dinner