For the chicken:
- 4 6-8 oz. boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 C flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- vegetable oil
- 1/4 C Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 C butter, softened
For the cream cheese spread:
- 8 oz package of cream cheese (softened )
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 TBSP. chopped thyme (fresh)
- 1 TBSP chopped parsley (fresh)
For the cucumbers:
- 1 cucumber
- 1 C water
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C cider vinegar
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- In a small bowl, crack the two eggs and mix with 1 TBSP water.
- On a small plate, place the flour and mix with the garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- On medium heat place a sauté pan and coat the bottom of the pan with cooking spray.
- Take the chicken breast and place in the flour mixture until evenly coated, shake off excess.
- Transfer to the egg and then back into the flour to evenly coat and place into pan.
- Repeat with all the chicken breasts and cook on both sides until slightly browned.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a 350° oven for 15 mins.
- While the chicken is in the oven, start the cucumbers by slicing them into 1/8 in slices and transfer to a deep large bowl.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the water and sugar to a boiling and then turn off heat.
- Pour sugar water over the cucumbers and add the cider vinegar and let sit aside.
- Take the cream cheese and remaining herbs in a small bowl and blend until mixed.
- When the chicken is done it is time to assemble the sandwich.
- Slice the rolls in half and spray with cooking spray or brush with oil and brown slightly in sauté pan.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of the bun.
- Place a layer of the cucumber slices on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the mixture of softened butter and hot sauce and place on top of the cucumbers and place top of bun on top of chicken.
- Cut sandwich in half and serve.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 29.7 g
- Sodium: 621.6 mg
- Fat: 22.6 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.8 g
- Protein: 12.8 g
- Cholesterol: 57.4 mg
Keywords: chicken, chicken sandwich, breaded chicken, Buffalo chicken, buffalo, sauce, wings, cream cheese, tailgating, game day, hot sauce