- 1 C cooked farro (we added salt, pepper, and 1 chopped clove of garlic to the water as it cooked)
- 2 crowns of broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 2 C chopped beets
- 1/2 C olive oil, divided
- 1/2 C cashew pieces
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black coarse ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place cut broccoli in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 c olive oil and peeled garlic cloves.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until you get a "charred" appearance.
- In a small sauté pan, place cashews over medium high heat and toss with a couple drops of olive oil and cook tossing frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine remaining olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove garlic cloves from baking tray and place in bowl with dressing and smash with a fork and mix to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked broccoli, farro, beets and cashews and toss with lemon dressing.
- Serve Warm
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: side dish
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 371
- Sugar: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 435.5 mg
- Fat: 26 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3 g
- Protein: 6.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: farro, salad, Broccoli, cashews, nuts, beets, lemon juice, entree, hearty, vegetarian, entrée, vinaigrette, pantry