Give your boring lunch routine a makeover with Charred Broccoli & Farro Salad! This delicious vegetarian dish is satisfying for lunch or as a colorful side.
1 C cooked farro (we added salt, pepper, and 1 chopped clove of garlic to the water as it cooked)
2 crowns of broccoli, cut into 1 inch pieces.
2 C chopped beets
1/2 C olive oil, divided
1/2 C cashew pieces
3 cloves garlic
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black coarse ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place cut broccoli in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 c olive oil and peeled garlic cloves.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes or until you get a "charred" appearance.
- In a small sauté pan, place cashews over medium high heat and toss with a couple drops of olive oil and cook tossing frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Combine remaining olive oil, juice of 1 lemon, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Remove garlic cloves from baking tray and place in bowl with dressing and smash with a fork and mix to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cooked broccoli, farro, beets and cashews and toss with lemon dressing.
- Serve Warm
Keywords: farro, salad, Broccoli, cashews, nuts, beets, lemon juice, entree, hearty, vegetarian, entrée, vinaigrette, pantry