This is the best cherry pie you will ever have, hand down. Mom's Brandy-Soaked Cherry pie is an all American family recipe that is lick-your-lips good.
- PIE FILLING:
- 5 cups fresh, pitted cherries
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar + 1 tbsp for topping on pie
- 3 Tbsp Minute Tapioca
- 2 Tbsp cherry brandy
- PIE CRUST:
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 1/2 cups Crisco
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 350°.
- Combine cherries, sugar, tapioca and brandy, stirring until blended together. Set aside
- To make the pie crust:
- Mix together flour, Crisco and salt.
- In a small bowl combine egg, water and vinegar and then combine with flour mixture.
- Mix together until one large dough ball is formed. Divide dough in half and wrap each section in Saran Wrap. Chill at least 30 minutes.
- To assemble pie:
- Roll one half of dough mixture with rolling pin and place in pie baking dish. Fill shell with cherry mixture. Dot top of the mixture with 2-3T sliced pieces of butter. Roll out remaining dough and place on top of the cherry mixture. Flute the edges of the pie crust and sprinkle top with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until top is golden brown. You may have to cover pie edge with aluminum if your oven runs hot.
- Allow pie to cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
Keywords: pie, cherry, brandy, pie crust, American, baked, dessert, fruit