A twist on a chicken sandwich using fresh ingredients, mixing sweet and savory
- 1, 8oz boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 4 biscuits (we used our Bacon, Cheddar & Chive Biscuit recipe)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 C rice flour
- 1/4 C all purpose flour
- 1/4 C milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- 1/2 C canola oil
- To make chicken: place chicken breast in between plastic film and pound chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- Cut chicken into 4 equal pieces.
- In a medium bowl crack one egg and whisk and add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours and add salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix.
- Using a large skillet heat oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Bread chicken pieces by placing in flour mixture to coat and then dip in egg mixture and then back in flour mixture and repeat.
- Place floured chicken pieces in oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- Split biscuits and place chicken and top with a mixture of the honey and chili oil by mixing the two together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle honey on chicken and then top with bacon and fried egg.
- Top with biscuit top and enjoy
Keywords: sandwich, egg, chicken, egg, biscuit, savory, breakfast