Chicken & Biscuit Sandwich with Hot Honey is a perfect bite of sweet and savory... for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Breakfast is one of our favorite meals. Jackie and I like to eat typical breakfast food for any meal of the day. It can be as simple as a bowl of Grape Nuts cereal, topped with milk and heated slightly. This is not my favorite food, but I like the fact that Jackie likes it. I smile to thinking of her enjoying this cereal that I do not have the same affinity for. My kind of breakfast would definitely include potatoes (if they are available). If not, I usually eat leftovers from dinner: pizza, pasta, soup or pretty much anything in the refrigerator.
This Chicken & Biscuit Sandwich with Hot Honey is making its way into the rotation though, ever since we found our biscuit recipe that we love. We seem to have biscuits quite often, and turning this beautiful bread into a sandwich seemed like a no-brainer. What we love is that the chicken is easy to prepare (it can be made a day or two ahead and heated in the oven while your eggs and bacon are cooking). The flavors are simple but round this sandwich out perfectly by adding bacon and a hot honey, complemented perfectly by the creaminess of the egg yolk.
How to Make Hot Honey:
- combine ¼ C honey + 1 teaspoon chili oil in bowl.
- whisk together until combined
- drizzle on sandwiches, nuggets, or fries for an extra punch of flavor!
My guess is that you will like this Chicken & Biscuit Sandwich recipe, and that you will discover many new ways to serve it. We would love it if you would share those ideas with us able and please share your pictures as well. For breakfast, lunch or dinner, this makes for one great-tasting meal.Print
Chicken & Biscuit Sandwich with Hot Honey
Got Yolk? This breakfast style chicken & biscuit sandwich is a savory, southern style recipe that's so good you'll want it all day long!
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 sandwiches 1x
- 1-8 oz. boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 4 biscuits (we used our Bacon, Cheddar & Chive Biscuit recipe)
- 5 eggs
- ½ C rice flour
- ¼ C all purpose flour
- ¼ C milk
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ C honey
- 1 tsp hot chili oil
- ½ C canola oil
To make chicken:
- Place chicken breast in between plastic film and pound chicken to flatten to a consistent thickness.
- Cut chicken into 4 equal pieces.
- In a medium bowl, crack one egg, whisk, and add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine both flours. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder and mix.
- Using a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Bread chicken pieces by placing in flour mixture to coat and then dip in egg mixture and then back in flour mixture and repeat.
- Place floured chicken pieces in oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain on plate lined with paper towels.
- Split biscuits. Place chicken and top with a mixture of the honey and chili oil by mixing the two together in a small bowl.
- Drizzle honey on chicken and then top with bacon and fried egg.
- Top with biscuit top and enjoy
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Sandwich
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 744
- Sugar: 20.3 g
- Sodium: 1251.4 mg
- Fat: 44.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 56.2 g
- Protein: 29 g
- Cholesterol: 292.7 mg
Keywords: sandwich, egg, chicken, egg, biscuit, savory, breakfast, brunch, hot honey
[…] Chicken and Biscuits with Hot Honey (from the lovely Supermancooks) […]