A satisfying dinner or a crunchy snack, chipotle chicken taquitos are pan fried for a perfectly crisp outside and a smoky, tender & juicy bite.
- 1 pound chicken breast
- 6 ounces adobo sauce
- 6 ounces chipotle sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- juice of 1 lime
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 poblano pepper. roasted
- 2 jalapeño pepper, roasted
- 1 green onion. chopped finely
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 1/2 C cilantro
- 10-15 6 inch corn tortillas
- 1 C vegetable oil
To Make Chipotle Chicken:
- Place chicken in an oven safe dish. Cover with adobo sauce, chipotle sauce, lime juice and garlic cloves and cook covered in a 350° oven for 30 minutes.
- Place peppers on baking sheet and bake in oven (along with chicken). When the peppers are done cooking, remove them from oven and finely chop. Combine them with cream cheese, sour cream, green onions and chopped cilantro.
- When chicken is done remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Using 2 forks, shred chicken and mix to absorb sauce (this can be done ahead to save time).
To Make Taquitos:
- In a large skillet cover with as much vegetable oil is needed to cover bottom.
- Spread cream cheese on tortilla and top with 1/4 chicken mixture. Roll tortilla in a cigar like look. Continue until all tortillas are wrapped.
- Pan fry carefully in oil turning often until golden brown (approximately 3 -4 minutes). Add oil 2 tbsp at a time as needed. Place cooked taquitos on a paper towel to drain.
- Top with your favorite condiments.
Keywords: chicken, taquito, flauta, corn, tortilla, fried, cheese, Mexican, chipotle, adobo