Skip the maple syrup! Triple Chocolate Banana Pancakes are so creamy dreamy & velvety, that only a chocolate drizzle will do!
- 4 TBSP unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 bananas
- 4 oz dark chocolate chunks
- 1 1/2 C Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 TBSP melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 C milk
- 1 egg
- For the topping:
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 5 oz chocolate chunks
- 1/3 C milk
- Mix all dry ingredients together (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cocoa) in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine melted butter, vanilla, egg and milk.
- Pour liquid into dry mixture and mix until all dry is wet. Do not over mix. It will be lumpy.
- Pour batter into skillet 1/4 C per pancake. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and thin sliced bananas and allow to cook until edges pull up and bubbles form. Flip pancakes with spatula, and cook on other side (about 1 minute).
- Continue until all batter is gone.
- To make sauce: combine chocolate chunks and milk. Place in microwave dish and microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and stir in cocoa powder.
- Drizzle over pancakes and enjoy.
Keywords: pancake, chocolate, kid-friendly, syrup, triple chocolate,banana, brunch, breakfast