Say "I love you" with these delicious & decadent mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Compote. This dessert is a party favorite.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (we used reduced fat)
- 2 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cacao powder (or good cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- For Raspberry Compote:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray bundt tins with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sour cream.
- Now combine butter and sugar mixture, with buttermilk mixture until incorporated.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture (one quarter at a time). Mix until blended.
- Add coffee and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips to cake mixture.
- Pour batter into bundt pans, filling 3/4 of the way full so that cake has room to rise.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans.
- In medium saucepan, add raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat until raspberries have broken down and sauce thickens (about 10-15 min).
- Transfer compote to a bowl and cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Plate cake and top with raspberry compote. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Keywords: chocolate, cake, bundt, bundt cake, raspberry, mini, party, entertaining, dessert