Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Compote are decadent mini cakes that say "I love you".
These chocolate bundt cakes are the perfect dessert to impress your someone special. Nothing says "I love you" like chocolate, and this Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Compote is guaranteed to please. Jackie and I were out shopping, and she came across the "cute" mini bundt pans. With no idea in mind for a recipe, she had to make this "cute" purchase. Our minds wandered for days trying to figure out what to make in these delicate little pans. I suggested to Jackie (because she is the baker) a chocolate dessert. After some trial and error, she worked to create this cake, adapted from a Barefoot Contessa recipe she loves. I helped to top it off by creating a sweet compote made from delicious seasonal raspberries.I have to say that it worked great together; this dessert tastes as good as it looks in the pictures. The mini chocolate bundt cakes are ideal for individual servings, and we think they make a beautiful ending to a romantic dinner for two. Impress her first by starting with our Pasta Carbonara and a glass of wine and you will have the makings of a wonderful evening. As for what happens after serving this great meal, that is for a different kind of blog. However we hope the food helps land many more dates and continued nights of cooking together.We we believe that a great "date night" can be as simple as a bottle of wine, cooking a meal together and then finishing the evening off with a great movie. So for all of you guys out there, try to keep this in mind when planning a date with your special someone.
Say "I love you" with these delicious & decadent mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Raspberry Compote. This dessert is a party favorite.
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (we used reduced fat)
- 2 Tbsp brewed coffee
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup cacao powder (or good cocoa powder)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- For Raspberry Compote:
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bundt tins with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and combine.
- In separate bowl, whisk together buttermilk and sour cream.
- Now combine butter and sugar mixture, with buttermilk mixture until incorporated.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, cacao powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture (one quarter at a time). Mix until blended.
- Add coffee and stir until combined.
- Add chocolate chips to cake mixture.
- Pour batter into bundt pans, filling 3/4 of the way full so that cake has room to rise.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cakes to cool for 10 minutes then remove from pans.
- In medium saucepan, add raspberries, 1/4 cup sugar, and lemon juice.
- Cook over low heat until raspberries have broken down and sauce thickens (about 10-15 min).
- Transfer compote to a bowl and cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Plate cake and top with raspberry compote. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Keywords: chocolate, cake, bundt, bundt cake, raspberry, mini, party, entertaining, dessert