These classic French cookies, with a kiss of chocolate & a sprinkle of chopped pistachios, are elegant, yet so easy to make!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 tsp honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 3/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 3.5 oz bars dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a large bowl. Beat in vanilla, honey, lemon zest and salt.
- Add flour and baking powder, alternating with milk, and beat until blended.
- Gradually add cooled melted butter in a steady stream, beating until just blended.
- Add 1/4 cup chopped pistachios to mix and stir in.
- Spoon approximately 1 T batter into each cookie indentation of Madeleine pan (filling almost to top).
- Bake until puffed and brown (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes in pan, then flip onto cooling rack for an additional 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate bars in double boiler (or in glass bowl over boiling water in a sauce pan).
- Dip Madeleines in melted chocolate, then dip in remaining chopped pistachios.
- Set finished madeleines on cooling rack for chocolate to harden (about 20 min).
Keywords: Madeleine, cookie, French, chocolate, pistachio, French pastry, dessert, chocolate