A classic version of a Northern Italian favorite, made with smokey ham and fresh flavors with a perfect al dente bite
- 1 lb vermicelli
- 4 ounces ham
- 1/4 red onion sliced very thin
- 3 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter divided
- cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 C fresh or frozen peas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 basil leaves
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 tbsp butter, and onion and chopped garlic.
- Julienne ham into matchstick size pieces and add to skillet. Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to sauté pan. Add remaining butter and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, crack and scramble 3 eggs. Add eggs to saute pan and continue to stir until eggs have cooked into pasta. Add peas and toss.
- Transfer to serving platter and top with julienned basil, grated parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Before serving, drizzle with olive oil to taste.