Three kinds of mushrooms, roasted to perfection, create the reich & complex flavor in this Creamy Mushroom Soup. It's so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms (we used a blend of shiitake, oyster, crimini and white mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 C chopped chives
- 1 quart beef stock
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tablespoons truffle oil
- Preheat Oven to 400°.
- Roughly chop mushrooms and place in oven-safe container. Add olive oil and 1/4 C chopped chives.
- Place mixture in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large stock pot, melt the butter, add the flour and mix together. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add cracked pepper, salt, and mushroom mixture from the oven.
- Mix together, slowly adding beef stock and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat until thickened.
- Add heavy cream and stir until combined. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowl with garnish of chopped chives and a drizzle of truffle oil.
Keywords: soup, stew, mushroom, cream, cremini, easy, shiitake, truffle, creamy,