For the kid in all of us, this decadent Crunchy Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream is what summer is all about. Chunks of peanut butter make it irresistable!
- 1 1/2 C whole milk
- 1 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 3 C heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 C chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 C cherry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk and sugar and mix with electric mixer for 2 minutes (or until sugar is dissolved).
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix until ice cream is of a soft serve consistency.
- Place peanut butter in microwave safe dish and heat for 20 seconds.
- Using a loaf pan, pour 1/3 of the ice cream into pan and drizzle one third of peanut butter and 1/3 of preserves over ice cream.
- Repeat two more times ending with peanut butter and jelly.
- Place a layer of plastic film directly on top of ice cream and place in freezer for at least two hours or until hardened.
Keywords: ice cream, homemade, peanut butter, crunchy, dessert, frozen, jelly, crunchy, kid, kid friendly, summer, treat