Crunchy Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream combines two childhood favorites into one delicious confection!
Ice cream makes everything better. Especially when it’s 94° outside. Keith and I spent the holiday weekend getting things done around the house, working in the garden at bit, and indulging in food that did not require us to turn on the oven. It’s rare that Keith thinks it’s too hot to cook, but this oppressive humidity is enough to tire even the most devoted of chefs.
The heat was not too much for our ice cream maker though. When Keith suggested we get out our favorite machine and mix up some ice cream, I was all in. Then when he told me about is idea to create a Peanut Butter & Jelly Ice Cream, my heart was aflutter. Two of my favorite comfort foods combined into one decadent dish!
This ice cream, my friends, did not disappoint! It was super easy to make (it just requires a bit of patience as the ingredients mix and then freeze). For me, it was love at first bite; any notion of watching my calorie intake melted away with each consecutive spoonful. The gobs of peanut butter are definitely my favorite! This homemade ice cream is for sure the perfect indulgence on a hot summer day. #No regrets.
Want a double dose of sweetness? Check out some of our other favorite summer frozen treats: Birthday Cake Ice Cream, Strawberry Mint Lemon Ice Pops, Fudge Swirl Gelato
- 1 ½ C whole milk
- 1 ¼ C granulated sugar
- 3 C heavy cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ C chunky peanut butter
- ¾ C cherry preserves
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk and sugar and mix with electric mixer for 2 minutes (or until sugar is dissolved).
- Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn to manufacturer's instructions.
- Mix until ice cream is of a soft serve consistency.
- Place peanut butter in microwave safe dish and heat for 20 seconds.
- Using a loaf pan, pour ⅓ of the ice cream into pan and drizzle one third of peanut butter and ⅓ of preserves over ice cream.
- Repeat two more times ending with peanut butter and jelly.
- Place a layer of plastic film directly on top of ice cream and place in freezer for at least two hours or until hardened.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: ice cream, homemade, peanut butter, crunchy, dessert, frozen, jelly, crunchy, kid, kid friendly, summer, treat