Celebrate the holidays in style with this Festive Empress Fizz! This dreamy cocktail features fresh cranberries, ginger beer & Empress Gin.
- 2 C fresh cranberries
- 1 C sugar
- 6 ounces Empress 1908 Gin
- 16 ounces Ginger Beer
- 6-8 fresh sprigs of thyme
- 1 orange
Prepare the cranberry mixture at least an hour before making the drinks so it has time to cool:
- In a medium saucepan add the cranberries, sugar.
- Cut the orange into 1/4 in slices and add 2 of them to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often until berries have broken down and mixture thickens to a syrup consistency about 5-7 minutes
- Remove orange slices and refrigerate until cool.
To prepare drinks:
- Fill a 32 ounce pitcher with ice and add the Empress 1908 Gin, Ginger Beer and cranberry mixture.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with thyme and fresh cranberries.
- For a garnish, we sprinkled orange slices with sugar and carmelized with a torch.
Keywords: cocktail, gin, holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cranberry, ginger beer, ginger, Empress Gin