There is no time like the holidays to enjoy a delicious, hand-crafted cocktail. This Festive Empress Fizz is just that and more, crafted with Empress 1908 Gin.
Keith enjoys a good drink while he is cooking. He likes to pour a few cocktails for our guests, and keep one for himself to sip while putting the finishing touches on a meal. We created this Festive Empress Fizz with that idea in mind. It’s a sweet, easy way to start a meal, and it tastes great with a good nibble: green beans, cranberries, cheeses, or anything else you may be preparing.
Empress 1908 is the perfect spirit for this cocktail. Not only for its clean, crisp flavor (made with eight botanicals!), but because of its stunning all-natural indigo hue. We combined it with cranberry juice and ginger beer to create a stunningly sweet sip with a holiday feel.
In the days of COVID 19, it is likely that there will be fewer of us at the table than ever, but we still like the idea of enjoying these cocktails together (even sharing them virtually!) as we give thanks for our many blessings.
This post was sponsored by our friends at Empress 1908 Gin. All opinions are are own.
If you like this, be sure to check out our Spring Fling Gin Cocktail!Print
Celebrate the holidays in style with this Festive Empress Fizz! This dreamy cocktail features fresh cranberries, ginger beer & Empress Gin.
- 2 C fresh cranberries
- 1 C sugar
- 6 ounces Empress 1908 Gin
- 16 ounces Ginger Beer
- 6-8 fresh sprigs of thyme
- 1 orange
Prepare the cranberry mixture at least an hour before making the drinks so it has time to cool:
- In a medium saucepan add the cranberries, sugar.
- Cut the orange into ¼ in slices and add 2 of them to the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring often until berries have broken down and mixture thickens to a syrup consistency about 5-7 minutes
- Remove orange slices and refrigerate until cool.
To prepare drinks:
- Fill a 32 ounce pitcher with ice and add the Empress 1908 Gin, Ginger Beer and cranberry mixture.
- Serve in glasses and garnish with thyme and fresh cranberries.
- For a garnish, we sprinkled orange slices with sugar and carmelized with a torch.
Keywords: cocktail, gin, holiday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, cranberry, ginger beer, ginger, Empress Gin