A traditional french crêpe with a summery lemon curd filling topped with macerated berries.
- For the crêpes:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 C Milk
- 1/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- For the Lemon Curd:
- 4 lemons
- 3 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 C sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/2 C unsalted butter
- For the Fruit Macerated
- 1/2 C raspberries
- 1/2 C blackberries
- 1/4 Sugar
- 1/4 C water
- To make the lemon curd:
- Juice all lemons to get at least 1/2 C lemon juice
- In a medium sauce pan, combine lemon juice and sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon zest, egg yolks and butter and cook over medium heat until thickened, stirring constantly for about 12 minutes.
- Transfer to container and place in refrigerator (mixture will continue to thickened as it cools).
- To make crepes:
- Use a 7-9 in non stick sauté pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour and eggs and add the milk and water until well combined
- Add the salt, melted butter and vanilla and combine (batter will be thin so don't worry).
- Heat pan over medium high heat and spray lightly with a cooking spray.
- Drop batter into sauté pan by 1/4 C and swirl pan to spread batter to edge of pan until completely covered.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until browned and sides pulled away from sides.
- Flip and cook for an additional 45 seconds.
- Remove and place on plate and continue to make crêpes until all batter is gone.
- To make berry mixture:
- Place berries, water and sugar into a small sauce pan and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- To assemble crêpes:
- Take crepe and spoon 2 tbsp of lemon curd on crêpe and fold in thirds.
- Top with berry mixture and enjoy.