Up your weekend brunch game with French Toast with Blood Orange Butter! Made with Italian blood orange juice, this big breakfast is ideal for lazy mornings.
8 slices of your favorite bread
1/4 C milk
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp olive oil
1/4 C pistachios, shelled
For the Butter:
1 stick butter (softened)
3 tbsp blood orange juice
1/4 C pistachios, chopped finely
1/2 C powdered sugar
- Prepare the butter by adding all ingredients to a medium bowl. Mix until well combined using a hand mixer, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log about 2 inches in diameter and wrap.
- Refrigerate until needed.
To make French Toast.
- In a shallow baking dish, combine eggs. Whisk and then add milk, spices and extract and combine.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Dip each slice into egg mixture and transfer to skillet and cook on each side for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Continue until all slices are done.
- Serve warm with the orange butter and maple syrup, and garnish with pistachios.
Keywords: French toast, breakfast, brunch, pistachio, brioche, toast, sugar, vanilla, butter, blood orange