A Sandwich that takes a basic bologna and transforms into a gourmet sandwich
- 2 Thick Slices of bread (Brioche or Challah work great, Italian will also work)
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 C Milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 C roasted red pepper strips
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 thick slices beef bologna
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, parsley, red pepper, parsley and sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved. Add milk and mix.
- In a small sauté pan, heat bologna until browned on both sides and set aside.
- Using a larger fry pan heat butter over medium heat until melted.
- Place bread in egg mixture until coated. Place bread into sauté pan and cook until golden brown (about 2 minutes).
- Flip bread and top with 2 slices cheese on each piece of bread.
- Add peppers and bologna and heat until cheese is melted.
- Combine to make sandwich and serve cut in half.