A ham glaze that is sure to become family tradition.
- 1 10-12 pound ham ( we used a Black oak ham)
- 15-20 ginger snaps
- 1/2 C brown mustard
- 1 C dark brown sugar
- 1/4 C Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a food processor place ginger snaps and pulverize to a fine chop.
- Place ham in baking dish that will have at least an inch of clearance all around ham.
- With a pastry brush, spread brown mustard all over the ham
- Next, pack brown sugar all over the mustard ( this is messy and it will slide off, just try to get as much as you can on ham.
- In a spray bottle or mister place 1/4 C captain Morgan rum and spray brown sugar until complete wet and rum gone.
- Take ginger snap pieces and press onto rum soaked brown sugar( again it will slide off that is ok)
- Place in oven uncovered and cook for 8-10 minutes per pound of ham, covering loosely with foil half way thru cooking.
- When done, remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes, move to slicing plate and slice ham.
- Drippings from bottom of pan can be placed in a bowl and used to spoon or brush over ham when serving.