Tangy, sweet and full of tropical flavors, Grilled Baja Shrimp with Chili Lime is one of our go-to grilling recipes. It's what summer is all about.
- 8 large shrimp (we used size 8-10, shell on. Shell off works well too depending on your preference).
- 1/4 C sweet chili sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped (a little of white part and all of green end)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- 1/4 C diced red pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, squeeze juice of 1 lime. Add garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in bowl and toss to coat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes
To make the sauce:
- combine melted butter with green onion, sweet chili sauce, 1 tbsp of chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
To make the shrimp:
- Once the grill is hot, shuck the ear of corn and place it directly on the grill grate. Turn as corn starts to char.
- Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side until done. glaze shrimp with chili sauce mixture and remove from grill.
- Remove corn and cut off cob using sharp knife. Place in medium bowl while warm and add diced peppers,onions, avocado, juice of lime and lemon.
- Toss together and then add remaining chopped parsley.
- Divide mixture and place on two plates using slotted spoon so all the juice stays in the bowl.
- Top each plate with 4 shrimp and drizzle with remaining chili sauce mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: shrimp, prawn, grilled, grilling, citrus, chili, glaze, light, healthy