Grilled Baja Shrimp with Chili Lime Glaze is a flavorful and healthy summer dish that pairs deliciously with the crisp SILVER Unoaked Chardonnay.We can feel the long days of summer slipping through our hands, and we are trying to savor the time that is left. For us, this means grilling out as much as possible. Keith is completely at home next to his grill. He thoroughly enjoys cooking outside in the summer months, usually with a drink in hand and a big smile plastered on his face. Keith has his "go-to" grilling recipes, but sometimes he is willing to take requests and experiment a bit. This is how our Grilled Baja Shrimp with Chili Lime Glaze came to life.
When our friends at Mer Soleil asked us to create a unique summer pairing for their SILVER Unoaked Chardonnay, I knew that it had to be grilled shrimp. I had been craving shellfish, as I had just returned home from a business trip to Hong Kong. There, the jumbo shrimp (or "prawns", as they refer to them) are a staple on most menus, one that I look forward to. Being in the shrimp frame of mind, I picked some unusually large ones up at our local fish market and brought them home for Keith to play with. He immediately went to work, creating a deliciously light and satisfying summer dish that I cannot stop thinking about.
This dish is everything I love about summer: it is sweet and tangy, and full of fresh, seasonal flavor. Keith served the Grilled Baja Shrimp over a bed of some of our favorite veggies: fresh sweet corn, avocado, peppers and onion. Every bite was light, sweet and popping with complex flavor. This is my kind of meal: the kind that satisfies you without making you feel overly full. This is the kind of meal to be enjoyed with close friends as the sun sets, the wine flows, and the conversation lingers. Oh how I love the long days of summer.
This post was created in partnership with our friends at Mer Soleil. All opinions are our own.
- 8 large shrimp (we used size 8-10, shell on. Shell off works well too depending on your preference).
- ¼ C sweet chili sauce
- 1 green onion, chopped (a little of white part and all of green end)
- 2 tbsp butter (melted)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 limes
- 2 tbsp diced red onion
- ¼ C diced red pepper
- 1 ear of corn
- ¼ C chopped fresh parsley
- In a medium bowl, squeeze juice of 1 lime. Add garlic and salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp in bowl and toss to coat. Allow to sit for 5 minutes
To make the sauce:
- combine melted butter with green onion, sweet chili sauce, 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
To make the shrimp:
- Once the grill is hot, shuck the ear of corn and place it directly on the grill grate. Turn as corn starts to char.
- Grill shrimp for about 2-3 minutes on each side until done. glaze shrimp with chili sauce mixture and remove from grill.
- Remove corn and cut off cob using sharp knife. Place in medium bowl while warm and add diced peppers,onions, avocado, juice of lime and lemon.
- Toss together and then add remaining chopped parsley.
- Divide mixture and place on two plates using slotted spoon so all the juice stays in the bowl.
- Top each plate with 4 shrimp and drizzle with remaining chili sauce mixture.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Entree
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 4 shrimp
- Calories: 397
- Sugar: 7.4 g
- Sodium: 1326.6 mg
- Fat: 22.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Protein: 28 g
- Cholesterol: 236.2 mg
Keywords: shrimp, prawn, grilled, grilling, citrus, chili, glaze, light, healthy