- 4- 6 oz Chairman’s Reserve® flat iron steaks
For the spice rub:
- 1 Tbsp smoked salt
- 1 Tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 2 Tsp berbere spice
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp maple java spice
For the blue cheese dip:
- 1/2 C crumbled blue cheese
- 1 Tsp chopped garlic
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Using a mortar and pestle, add smoked salt and black pepper along with cumin seeds and grind.
- Transfer to a small bowl and add parsley, garlic powder, berbere and maple have spice and mix to combine. ( you can substitute espresso for the maple java and smoked paprika for the berbere if you can’t source them).
- Laying you steaks out on a board coat both sides of steaks with the spice and rub into the meat. Transfer to a plate and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat grill up to 400° and start making blue cheese dip.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese crumbles, salt and pepper to taste. Allow to refrigerate while steaks are cooking.
- Using olive oil, brush both sides of steaks. Place on hot grill and cook for 4 minutes on each side to obtain a medium doneness (cooking time with vary by desired doneness).
- When steaks are done, allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables and blue cheese dip.
Having trouble finding some spices in this recipe? Use the following:
- substitute espresso for the maple java
- substitute smoked paprika for the berbere
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Category: grilling
- Serving Size: 1 steak
- Calories: 273
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 2048.6 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.4 g
- Protein: 11.1 g
- Cholesterol: 37.3 mg
Keywords: steak, flat iron, top blade, beef, grilled, grilling, angus