Grilling romaine adds layers of flavor to this classic salad.
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 C real mayonnaise
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- FOR SALAD:
- 1 head Romaine quartered and step left intact.
- 1/4 C olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, mayo, mustard and lemon juice.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add parmesan cheese and pepper and mix.
- Drizzle olive oil into dressing until well combined.
- Brush Romaine with olive oil and place on hot grill for 1 minute. Turn over and grill another minute.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle dressing. Add croutons, shredded parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.