Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad is a light summer dish with layers of flavor.
A salad is always a good idea. Especially when one has just returned from a vacation where gluttony was a way of life. A Caesar salad is not usually the healthiest of options, but when one’s body hasn’t absorbed a leafy green in several days, it’s a good place to start. This grilled Romaine Caesar Salad is quite light and delicious; it is a perfect antidote a few days of bad habits and a delicious summer meal with big wholesome flavor.Grilling vegetables in the summer is a great way to bring out their natural flavors. Romaine is no exception. I did not know this fact about lettuce until Keith proudly served me this Grilled Romaine Caesar Salad. The char on the romaine added a depth of flavor to this simple salad that I instantly embraced. It eliminated the need for excessive amounts of dressing, relying instead on the natural flavors of the fresh ingredients: romaine, parmesan, lemon, and homemade croutons.The end of a vacation is always disappointing, but we’re both ready to get back on the wagon as we settle back into normal life. Grilled vegetables are a great way to start. Thanks Keith!
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 C real mayonnaise
- ½ C shredded parmesan cheese
- black pepper
- FOR SALAD:
- 1 head Romaine quartered and step left intact.
- ¼ C olive oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine garlic, mayo, mustard and lemon juice.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Add parmesan cheese and pepper and mix.
- Drizzle olive oil into dressing until well combined.
- Brush Romaine with olive oil and place on hot grill for 1 minute. Turn over and grill another minute.
- Place on serving platter and drizzle dressing. Add croutons, shredded parmesan cheese and cracked black pepper.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American