BASIC CREPE RECIPE:
- 1 1/2 C all purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 C milk
- 3/4 C water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 TBSP butter or margarine, melted
- 2 C diced strawberries
- 2 TBSP sugar
- 1 TBSP water
- 2 bananas, sliced in 1/4" slices
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 4 TBSP butter or margarine
FOR THE CREPES:
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the flour and combine.
- Add water and milk and mix until smooth.
- Add salt and melted butter and mix until smooth
- On medium heat, place a non stick sauté pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray. (you can use any size pan, pictured is a 10 inch pan)
- Once pan is heated, place about 1/2 C crepe mix in center of pan and with a tilting circular motion spread mix to cover bottom of pan.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until edges of crepe lifts off the pan.
- Flip with spatula and continue to cook for 1 min.
- Remove and place on plate and continue making crepes until batter is gone.
To MAKE THE NUTELLA AND STRAWBERRY CREPE:
- spread nutella on crepe and spoon 2 TBSP of strawberry mixture on nutella and fold crepe in thirds and place on plate and drizzle chocolate syrup and serve.
TO MAKE THE BANANAS FOSTER:
- Place crepe on plate, spoon in 2 TBSP of mixture.
- Fold crepe and place on plate and top with 1 TBSP of strawberry mixture.
- These are also great folded and topped with cinnamon sugar...the classic French way!!!
FOR THE STRAWBERRY MIXTURE:
- In a bowl add the diced strawberries, sugar and water and mix and set aside for 5 minutes or in refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
FOR THE BANANAS FOSTER:
- In a sauté pan melt the butter and add the brown sugar until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Add bananas and turn heat off and mix until coated.
- Set aside until crepes are done.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Breakfast or Dessert
- Cuisine: French
- Serving Size: 2 crepes
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 10.1 g
- Sodium: 111.8 mg
- Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.2 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 96.9 mg
Keywords: French, crepe, breakfast, brunch, weekend, Nutella, chocolate, bananas, foster, banana, sweet,savory, Paris