Your cookout will never be the same! Dad's Hillbilly Potato Salad is a family favorite, made with leftover mashed potatoes.
- 6 C cold mashed potatoes
- 1 C sweet pickle relish or diced sweet pickles
- 2 C mayonnaise
- 6 hard boiled eggs (finely chopped)
- 3/4 C yellow mustard
- 1 green onion
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- In a bowl, combine mashed potatoes and mayonnaise. Mix until well blended
- Slice green onion in 1/8 inch slices add to mixture
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to serving bowl and sprinkle with paprika for color
- Serve with your favorite summer grilled foods
Keywords: potato, salad, potato salad, mashed potatoes, grilling, cookout, side dish, summer