Take brunch to the next level with Italian Style Eggs Benedict. Made prosciutto, red pepper and pesto, this twist on a classic elevates any party or shower.
- 2 large English muffins
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 2 large roasted red peppers
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 C hollandaise sauce
- 1 Tbsp pesto sauce
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
- To poach eggs: place a sauce pan on medium heat and add 2 inches of water and vinegar and heat until bubbles start. Maintain this heat and do not let water boil.
- Crack eggs directly into water and allow to cook for 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Toast English muffins, lightly butter and top with red peppers, prosciutto.
- Using a slotted spoon gently lift eggs out of the water making sure that the water drains off the spoon.
- Top each muffin with an egg.
- Mix the hollandaise sauce and the pesto together and top eggs with sauce. Gently squeeze lemon juice on top and serve.
Keywords: brunch, breakfast, benedict, egg, hollandaise, prosciutto, ham, pesto, shower, party