We combined two tailgating appetizers into one great dish! The flavors of jalapeño poppers add "punch" to potato skins for a game day feast.
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped (reserve some for garnish)
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 green onions chopped.
- 1 C shredded cheese (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 tbsp butter
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Pierce potatoes with a fork and bake potatoes until done (about 45 minutes )
- While potatoes are cooking, place whole jalapeño peppers over open flame on stove and turn until skin is completely black.
- Rinse peppers under cool water and rub until skin has been removed.
- Seed and dice peppers into 1/8" pieces.
- Allow potatoes to cool (can be used up to 4 days later)
- Cut potatoes in half. Remove 3/4 of the potato "meat" and place in a mixing bowl.
- Combine potato with jalapeños, cream cheese, shredded cheese, green onions, bacon and butter.
- Mix until well-combined.
- Take potato skins and fill with potato mixture and place on baking sheet,
- Place in 350° oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and garnish with bacon and cheese.
- Serve with sour cream.
Keywords: appetizer, bacon, cheese, football, game day, jalapeño, popper, potato, potato skins, Super Bowl, tailgate