Sometimes a simple dish made with the finest ingredients is the most satisfying. Lemony Pasta Alfredo is just that, made with Piave Cheese.
- 1 pound linguini noodles
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 1/2 C Piave Vecchio Cheese, shredded
- 1 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C half & half
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lemon (approximately 1/4 cup)
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil pasta according to package directions. When done, drain and reserve 1/2 C pasta water.
- While pasta is boiling, slice mushrooms 1/4" thick. Place in sauté pan with 3 tbsp butter and sauté until done (about 5 minutes).
- In a separate sauce pan, melt remaining butter and add cream and 1/2 & 1/2 along with garlic cloves and warm over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Place pasta noodles in a large bowl and add salt, pepper, reserved pasta water and cheese and then pour warmed liquid over while tossing together with 2 spoons.
- Continue until Cheese has all melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Top with sautéed mushrooms, lemon juice and garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was made in a whole cheese wheel of Piave Cheese, however we have modified it to be made without the entire wheel. Still just as delicious!
If you can't find Piave cheese, a good substitute is Parmigiano Reggiano.
Keywords: pasta, Alfredo, linguini, fettuccini, cream, cheese, Piave, wheel, mushroom, lemon