It’s not every day you get to make Pasta Alfredo in a cheese wheel. That’s why we were beyond excited to work with Piave PDO Cheese and Garda Sparkling Wine on a special project for their incredible new partnership, Garda Piave: “a perfect pairing from Europe”. We got to spend several days shooting these fantastic cheeses and sparkling wines from Northern Italy. And when Keith found out we were getting a whole wheel of cheese, he was dying to create a pasta dish using it as the serving bowl.
Now don’t worry. You don’t need a cheese wheel to make this dish. It’s really just a fancy prop that happens to be fun to work with. Watching the hot pasta melt the cheese is an added bonus.
Here’s everything you need to make Lemony Pasta Alfredo at home:
- Piave Vecchio Cheese
- Pasta (we like linguini)
- Heavy cream
- Half & half
- Salt & Pepper
This classic pasta recipe is good all year round. It’s comfort food to us: creamy, decadent and delicious (kinda like Spaghetti with Meatless Ragù or Smoked Gouda Mac & Cheese). Using a deliciously sweet and intense cheese like Piave Vecchio, made with the finest quality ingredients from the Veneto region of Italy, is the key to the unmistakable flavor of Lemony Pasta Alfredo. The earthy flavor of sautéed mushrooms adds another level of complexity that your dinner guest will never forget.
We can't stop thinking about the day on our back deck when we enjoyed this pasta, made right in the cheese wheel, with a bottle of Garda Sparkling Rosé. It truly is a perfect pairing. Life doesn't get much better than that.
This post is sponsored by our friends at Garda Piave. All opinions are our own.Print
Lemony Pasta Alfredo with Roasted Mushrooms
Sometimes a simple dish made with the finest ingredients is the most satisfying. Lemony Pasta Alfredo is just that, made with Piave Cheese.
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 5 portions 1x
- 1 pound linguini noodles
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1 ½ C Piave Vecchio Cheese, shredded
- 1 C heavy cream
- ½ C half & half
- 6 tbsp butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves
- juice from 1 lemon (approximately ¼ cup)
- 5-6 basil leaves
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- Boil pasta according to package directions. When done, drain and reserve ½ C pasta water.
- While pasta is boiling, slice mushrooms ¼" thick. Place in sauté pan with 3 tablespoon butter and sauté until done (about 5 minutes).
- In a separate sauce pan, melt remaining butter and add cream and ½ & ½ along with garlic cloves and warm over medium heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Place pasta noodles in a large bowl and add salt, pepper, reserved pasta water and cheese and then pour warmed liquid over while tossing together with 2 spoons.
- Continue until Cheese has all melted and the sauce is thickened.
- Top with sautéed mushrooms, lemon juice and garnish with chopped basil.
- Serve warm.
This recipe was made in a whole cheese wheel of Piave Cheese, however we have modified it to be made without the entire wheel. Still just as delicious!
If you can't find Piave cheese, a good substitute is Parmigiano Reggiano.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: pasta
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 portion
- Calories: 574
- Sugar: 5.3 g
- Sodium: 518.7 mg
- Fat: 24.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 72.3 g
- Protein: 15.7 g
- Cholesterol: 66.8 mg
Keywords: pasta, Alfredo, linguini, fettuccini, cream, cheese, Piave, wheel, mushroom, lemon
Leave a Reply