This delicious & satisfying vegetarian flatbread, made with sautéed Brussels sprouts, ricotta, & honey will have you coming back for more!
- 1 flatbread of your choice (we used one 8"x 12" in size)
- 14 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 C Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- chili oil (optional) to taste*
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt and juice from 1/2 of the lemon.
- Set aside. Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan. Add sprouts and cook over high for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread ricotta mixture over flatbread, spreading to the edges.
- Top with Brussels sprouts to cover cheese.
Place flatbread directly on oven rack and cook for 6-7 minutes (or until flatbread is crispy).
Carefully remove from oven and place on a serving platter.
Drizzle honey over top, cut and serve.
*(For an added kick, drizzle some chili oil over as well).
- This recipe can be altered based on the size of the flatbread you use.
- For a perfectly crisp crust, bake directly on the oven rack.
Keywords: flatbread, Brussels sprouts, ricotta, honey, vegetable, vegetarian