- 1 flatbread of your choice (we used store bought rectangular flatbread)
- 14 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 C Brussels sprouts, shaved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 C honey
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- chili oil (optional) to taste*
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add ricotta cheese, crushed red pepper, garlic powder, salt and juice from 1/2 of the lemon.
- Set aside. Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan. Add sprouts and cook over high for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread ricotta mixture over flatbread, spreading to the edges.
- Top with Brussels sprouts to cover cheese.
- Place flatbread directly on oven rack and cook for 6-7 minutes (or until flatbread is crispy).
- Carefully remove from oven and place on a serving platter.
- Drizzle honey over top, cut and serve.
*(For an added kick, drizzle some chili oil over as well).
- This recipe can be altered based on the size of the flatbread you use.
- For a perfectly crisp crust, bake directly on the oven rack.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: appetizer
- Serving Size: 1/3 flatbread
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 26.4 g
- Sodium: 1073.8 mg
- Fat: 21.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 52.3 g
- Protein: 20.3 g
- Cholesterol: 41.1 mg
Keywords: flatbread, Brussels sprouts, ricotta, honey, vegetable, vegetarian