A hearty meal perfect for fall, as it incorporates the flavors of the fall harvest vegetables.
- 1 whole chicken (cut into pieces)
- 12 oz Brussels sprouts
- 2 large carrots
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 bulb garlic
- 2 lemons
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1/2 C olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Dry skin of chicken using a paper towel and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Drizzle part of the olive oil over the chicken pieces and reserve the rest.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, cut all vegetables into 1" pieces and place in large bowl.
- Drizzle remaining olive oil over vegetables along with juice of one lemon and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven and add vegetables to baking sheet in a single layer.
- Slice remaining lemon in half and place cut side up on baking sheet along with one whole bulb or garlic (cut in half).
- Lay sprigs of rosemary on chicken and return to oven. When you return to oven, reduce heat to 375° and allow to bake for an additional 30-40 minutes (or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° F.)
- Remove from oven and place chicken on serving platter. Using a fork, remove some of the garlic from the bulb and rub over skin of chicken.
- Place vegetables in mixing bowl and using tongs squeeze juice from roasted lemon over them and then toss with some fresh parsley.
- Allow chicken 5-10 to rest before serving.