This time-tested, family recipe is a favorite sweet treat. Passed off as a Christmas cookie for years, these Cinnamon Rugelach are great anytime.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cut butter into flour, as if making a pie crust.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg yolk and sour cream well.
- Add flour mixture and mix until blended.
- Divide dough into three parts (balls).
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least three hours.
- Prepare filling by combining sugar, cinnamon and pecans. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Working with one portion at a time, roll dough into a circle 1/8″ thick.
- Brush each circle lightly with melted butter and spread one-third of filling on each.
- Cut each circle into 16 wedges, like a pizza.
- Starting from the large end of each wedge, roll up toward point (jelly roll fashion).
- Place cookies on parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on racks and store in covered tins.
- Sprinkle with confectionary sugar before serving
Keywords: cookie, treat, dessert, cinnamon, Christmas, dough, pie