Manhattan Style Gnocchi with Pink Sauce is a unique dish you can personalize to your own taste, best enjoyed with a glass of Mullan Road Cellars Red Blend.
- 1 package store-bought gnocchi**
- **or follow the recipe on our site to make your own!!
- FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1-24 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 basil leaves
- 1/4 C olive oil
- FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C diced panchetta (sautéed)
- 1/2 C fresh green peas
- 3 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- Prepare Gnocchi according to package directions.
- TO MAKE THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- In a large sauté pan, add oil, tomatoes and garlic and cook over medium high for 7-8 minutes. Add the Gnocchi and cook for an additional 5 minutes on low heat, adding a little water if sauce gets too thick. Tear remaining Basil leaves and add to pan.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- TO MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- In a separate sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat , then add garlic powder. Whisk in heavy cream and reduce heat to medium low, whisking often until sauce thickens. Add parmesan cheese while whisking over low. Remove from heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE DISH:
- Place peas in boiling water and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes. Place the Gnocchi and tomato mix on one half of serving bowl and on other side, pour some of the sauce and top with panchetta and green peas and then garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
- To serve: simply mix the two sides together and salt and pepper to taste.