Manhattan Style Gnocchi with Pink Sauce is a unique dish you can personalize to your own taste, best enjoyed with a glass of Mullan Road Cellars Red Blend. Homemade Gnocchi with fresh tomato sauce is a family favorite at our house. Whether they are homemade or store-bought, there is something about the texture and bite of this pillowy-soft potato pasta that we all love.
When our friends at Mullan Road Cellars asked us to create a recipe pairing for their incredible Red Blend, we both agreed that a pasta dish was the way to go. It would definitely be a good complement this unique blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Cabernet Franc. But Keith wanted to step it up a bit, to pay homage to this fantastic wine. Inspired by some of our favorite Manhattan restaurant meals, he created a dish combining our love for fresh tomato sauce AND creamy carbonara; one you could mix together to create an amazing, memorable bite.
Mullan Road Cellars was founded in 2012 by Dennis Cakebread, of Napa Valley’s Cakebread Cellars winery. A forty-year veteran of the wine trade, Mr. Cakebread embarked on a mission to make world-class Washington state wine embodying the rich history and terroir of the Northwest. This Red Blend offers the concentrated flavors of blackberry, black currant and dark cherry with a touch of spice. It is smooth and balanced, suitable for a special occasion or a simple weeknight meal.
Manhattan Style Gnocchi with Pink Sauce definitely honors the flavors of this Red Blend. It is an elegant dish that is not very difficult to make, and one can personalize the flavor combination to match his own taste. This is my kind of meal.
This post was sponsored by our friends at Mullan Road Cellars. All opinions are our own.
You can purchase Mullan Road Cellars Red Blend here.
Manhattan Style Gnocchi with Pink Sauce is a unique dish you can personalize to your own taste, best enjoyed with a glass of Mullan Road Cellars Red Blend.
- 1 package store-bought gnocchi**
- **or follow the recipe on our site to make your own!!
- FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- 1-24 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 basil leaves
- ¼ C olive oil
- FOR THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- ½ C diced panchetta (sautéed)
- ½ C fresh green peas
- 3 oz fresh parmesan cheese
- Prepare Gnocchi according to package directions.
- TO MAKE THE TOMATO SAUCE:
- In a large sauté pan, add oil, tomatoes and garlic and cook over medium high for 7-8 minutes. Add the Gnocchi and cook for an additional 5 minutes on low heat, adding a little water if sauce gets too thick. Tear remaining Basil leaves and add to pan.
- Remove from heat and cover.
- TO MAKE THE ALFREDO SAUCE:
- In a separate sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat , then add garlic powder. Whisk in heavy cream and reduce heat to medium low, whisking often until sauce thickens. Add parmesan cheese while whisking over low. Remove from heat.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE DISH:
- Place peas in boiling water and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes. Place the Gnocchi and tomato mix on one half of serving bowl and on other side, pour some of the sauce and top with panchetta and green peas and then garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
- To serve: simply mix the two sides together and salt and pepper to taste.