- 6 ears of corn
- 1/4 C. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 C Cotija cheese
- Lime wedges
- Prepare the corn: my method is to cut the stem off the end of the corn and then peel only the loose husk away. You will have corn with husk and corn silk still attached.
- Place a damp tea towel in bottom of microwave and place corn on top of towel.
- Cook corn 3 minutes for every 2 ears of corn, so in this recipe you would cook the corn for 9 minutes.
- Carefully remove corn from microwave with tongs and remove husk and silk and let cool.
- With grill on medium high heat, place ears of corn on grill and turn occasionally until corn is slightly toasted.
- While corn is grilling, mix together the cilantro with the butter and set aside at room temperature.
- When corn is done, coat with the cilantro butter and roll in Cotija cheese.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice over corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Side dish
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1 ear
- Calories: 196
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 404.4 mg
- Fat: 8.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.4 g
- Protein: 6.8 g
- Cholesterol: 20.5 mg
Keywords: corn, elote, Mexican, street food, street corn, cilantro, butter, grilling, grilled, vegetarian, street