A time-tested cookie that's easy to make and will leave you wanting more.
- 1/2 C soft butter or margarine
- 1 package (3 ounces) soft cream cheese
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
- About 1/4 C of each of 3 preserves (we used peach, blackberry & strawberry)
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1/4 C finely chopped nuts
- Confectioner's sugar
- With a wooden spoon, cream butter and cream cheese until light.
- Stir in flour, mixing well. Refrigerate 1 hour
- Meanwhile, pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; roll out into a 12 inch square.
- With a sharp knife or pastry wheel cut dough into 2"squares.
- Place about 1/4 teaspoon jelly near center of each square, then fold over to form a triangle and press edges together to seal.
- Brush top of each mixture with beaten egg yolk mixed with milk, sprinkle with nuts.
- Place on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Dust cookies with confectioner sugar.