A great tasting appetizer packed with all the flavors of your favorite pizza.
- 12 large Cremini Mushrooms
- 1/2 C tomato sauce
- 1/2 C diced green pepper
- 1 C diced Pepperoni
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 C panko bread crumbs
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C chopped chives
- 1/4 C olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Clean mushrooms. Remove stems and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add mushroom caps and 1 clove of chopped garlic and toss to coat mushroom caps. Place on baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
- While mushrooms are in oven prepare filling:
- Finely dice mushroom stems and place in mixing bowl.
- Add tomato sauce, diced green peppers, diced pepperoni, diced shallots, parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and mix thoroughly.
- Remove mushroom caps from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Take mixture and roll into meatball sized balls and place in mushroom caps.Continue until all mixture has been used and all caps stuffed.
- Place back in oven for 10-12 minutes until desired doneness.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, pepper and chopped chives.