This simple & beautiful salad, made with roasted fennel, colorful beets & crumbled pistachios, is a delight for vegetarians and veggie lovers.
- 8 ounces fresh red beets
- 8 ounces fresh golden beets
- 1/2 C feta cheese
- 1 head of fennel
- 1/2 C shelled pistachios
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 C olive oil
- 1/2 C balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel and cut beets into 1/2" pieces. Wrap each color beet separately in foil and coat with 1/4 c olive oil.
- Cut fennel in half and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place both foil packets and fennel on baking sheet and place in oven.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes until beets are tender.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Place beets in mixing bowl and top with garlic powder.
- Slice fennel into 1/4 in strips and add to beets.
- Add balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper and toss vegetables.
- Place on serving plates and top with feta cheese and pistachios.
- Serve and enjoy
Keywords: beet, beetroot, golden beet, fennel, vegetarian, pistachio, fall, autumn, roasted